May 03, 2021
KEEP IT SIMPLE!
Let us talk about the "Beauty Diet", which has been the latest skincare trend from mainstream cosmetics players. It includes double cleansing followed by a toner, a serum, two moisturizers, sheet masks, an exfoliant and many skin treatment actives.
I wonder when skincare and makeup, which were meant to be simple self care, changed into an over complicated 10-step "regime" that could cause more harm than good. It's elementary, my dear Watson.
- Layering too many products clog your skin to only cause breakouts & congestion
- Strips away the natural moisture from your skin
- Overloading the skin with too many powerful ingredients can lead to skin sensitivity and imbalance causing redness, dryness or discomfort
We believe that skincare should be simple, minimalist and effective. It may include
- Face Cleanser that gently removes excess oil, dirt and impurities without stripping your skin of natural oils.
- Serum / moisturizer as per your skin type to hydrate and brighten your skin.
- Sunscreen to protect your skin.
- Add-ons that you can choose - Bi-weekly exfoliation or a face mask to reveal a smooth and glowing skin.